Authors at home for third annual Writer’s Domain
Florida Weekly – January 22, 2015
Avid readers everywhere are interested in the creative worlds of their favorite authors. What inspires them? Where do they write? Do they surround themselves with items that help them flesh out their characters, story lines and plots?
Learn the answers to these intriguing questions at the third annual Writer’s Domain presented by Norris Home Furnishings as a benefit for First Book-Collier County.
The Writer’s Domain is an award-winning showcase of famous authors with Southwest Florida ties. This year, Norris Home Furnishings’ interior designers have partnered with 11 authors to create dramatic and fun interpretations of their writing “domains” that will be on exhibit and “inhabited” by the authors during the two book-signing events at the Norris showroom in Naples.
The gala preview party is from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, January 29. Authors will “reside” in their personalized Norris domains, greet guests and sign copies of their books. Champagne, wine and hors d’oeuvres will be served. Cost is $35 per person. Proceeds and a portion of each book sale at the event will be donated to First Book-Collier County. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 263-0580.
A free book signing and open house takes place from 1:30-3:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 31, at the showroom.
The public is invited, and no reservations are necessary.
A percentage of the afternoon’s book sales will go to First Book-Collier County.
First Book-Collier County donates more than 50,000 new books a year to more than 6,000 children from lowincome families across Collier County. Virtually every disadvantaged child in pre-K through second grade receives eight to 10 new books a year to take home to read with their families and to keep and cherish.
Norris presents the Writer’s Domain in partnership with Barnes & Noble. A book fair at the store in Waterside Shops on January 29-31 also benefits First Book-Collier County.
– Karen Bartlett, “A (mostly) Kids’ Guide to Naples, Marco Island & The Everglades”
– Lisa Black, “Close to the Bone”
– Ben Bova, “New Frontiers”
– Michael Connors, “Havana Modern: 20th-Century Architecture and Interiors”
– Don Farmer and Chris Curle, “Deadly News”
– Harry H. Gaines, “Fitness Beyond 50: Turn Back the Clock”
– Karen Harper, “Broken Bonds: A Cold Creek Novel”
– Jean Harrington, “The Design is Murder”
– Gwendolyn Heasley, “Don’t Call Me Baby”
– James Lilliefors, “The Psalmist”
– Pat McGauley, “The Last Moran”